1. Meesho's Business Model
2. What are the different categories that Meesho sells?
3. How can I become a Meesho seller?
4. The Process: Register as a Meesho Seller
5. Meesho seller Panel – Final Setup
6. Tips for Getting Your Business Off the Ground on Meesho
It runs on the base of a huge reseller network of eCommerce resellers, which allows Meesho to be considered an Indian social e-commerce enterprise. Customers can also purchase straight from the merchants themselves. It was formed
in 2015 by Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal, both of whom graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi. However, as a result of the pandemic and the advent of other social commerce platforms, Meesho has seen a
significant increase in demand among eCommerce businesses, as well as customers.
Meesho just completed a financing round for their company. Because Meesho has been valued at $4.9 billion, the company is one of the most valuable startups in the country of India. As a result, if you are an eCommerce vendor, you
will undoubtedly profit from include this marketplace in your list of available marketplaces.
What exactly is Meesho's business model?
Meesho is available to any and all types of vendors. Its business approach incorporates both B2B and B2C sales activities. This means that main vendors sell their products directly to customers as well as to other smaller resellers
who in turn sell the products directly to consumers.
To understand the business-to-business element, it is necessary to understand that Meesho has raised an entire community of resellers, the majority of whom are women. It has provided them with a consistent stream of money. These
resellers frequently provide consumers with access to high-quality items from all across the country, which is especially beneficial in rural communities with restricted internet connection. As an example, here's how reselling
on Meesho works:
Meesho is a platform where a recognized producer or a major distributor may list his or her goods. From here, a reseller may choose things and market them using social media platforms such as Facebook, Whatsapp, and even one-to-one
In the event that a consumer approaches the reseller with the intention of making a purchase, the reseller may be able to place the order on the client's behalf. While doing so, the reseller has the option of including a profit
margin in the final amount he or she charges.
There are several advantages to using this business method:
- A reseller is someone in whom a consumer has confidence. This is effective mostly in tier II and tier III cities with low internet penetration rates.
- Customer satisfaction is higher in a small-town setting, and customers are more inclined to suggest products to their friends and family.
The B2C model is comparable to a conventional online shopping site in that a buyer would browse through things and then purchase them for their own personal use after doing some research. When compared to other shopping websites,
purchasing through Meesho is regarded to be more affordable. Meesho caters to the price-conscious buyer, as seen by the fact that the prices posted there are comparable to wholesale rates.
What are the different categories that Meesho sells?
Meesho.com began as a site that sold exclusively fashion clothing. Later on, they expanded their offerings to include more categories. A large part of the reason why this site was the first Indian business to gain investment from
Facebook was because it was one of the first social selling platforms. Meesho offers more than 50 lakh goods in various categories available for purchase. The most popular categories are as follows:
- Dressing in an Ethnic Style
- Fashion in the West
- Jewelry and other accessories
- Decoration of the home
Home & Kitchen: If you are a merchant in this category, you should register with Meesho to advertise your products. Upholstery, ornamental showpieces, kitchen cooking appliances, tableware, and other items are included in this
category as subcategories. This category also includes subsections for sports and fitness, stationery, and office supplies, among other things.
Grooming accessories, smartwatches, phone accessories, home appliances, and other electronic accessories are all included in this category. Electronics Accessories
Beauty and Health: Makeup, fragrances, body cleansers, hair care products, and other cosmetics are all included in the category of beauty. Furthermore, when it comes to health, this department includes hand sanitizers, dental care
products, feminine hygiene products, and so on.
How can I become a Meesho seller?
How to Register as a meesho seller and what documents you'll need
To register your company on Meesho is a simple process. It does not necessitate the submission of excessive information, nor does the registration procedure take an excessive amount of time. Make sure you have all of these paperwork
and prerequisites available before proceeding with the registration process on Messho.
- Bank Account
- Mobile Number
The Process: Register as a Meesho Seller
It is possible to start the registration procedure after all of your paperwork are prepared. Meesho includes a seller panel registration dashboard, which you may access when you have completed the registration process. Previously,
the procedure was time-consuming, with a 24-hour or more waiting period for clearance being part of the equation. However, Meesho has made this procedure easier and speedier for vendors in recent years. Here's a step-by-step
guide to getting started:
- Log in to the website to create an account on Meesho.
You will be required to input the mobile phone number that you use for your business on this dashboard in order to access it. Please keep in mind that if you want to get critical notifications on this number, you must make
sure that it is the same number that is registered with WhatsApp.
- Following that, the option to "send OTP" will be marked in yellow. You will receive an OTP on the registered phone number that you entered when you click on this button after clicking it.
- You will need to enter the one-time password (OTP) that you got in the area given here.
- Following that, you will be required to provide the email address associated with your company.
Following that, you will be required to create a password for your account. There must be a minimum of eight characters in this password. It is required that at least one number, one upper case (capital letter), and one special
character (for example, @#$ percent!&*) be included in these 8 characters.
- If you would want to get notifications and updates on the previously specified WhatsApp number, choose the appropriate checkbox below the option.
- After you have completed the required information, you may click on the "Create Account" button that has been highlighted. This will enable you to create an account and go to the next step.
- This is the screen where you will be required to enter your GSTIN number.
- To validate your entry, click on the verify button. Your information will be verified and displayed on the site in accordance with your GST number.
- After that, click on the "Continue" option to move further.
After that, you must provide the information for your pickup location. If the address is the same as the one shown on the GST registration, select "use address listed on GST" from the drop-down menu. Your shipping and billing
information will be pre-filled. Continue once you have double-checked the details.
Following that, you will be prompted to enter your bank account information (account number and IFSC code). When you click on Continue, the site will validate your bank information and display it for you to review. Continue
by clicking on the Continue button.
- Finally, you will be required to provide your company's information. That is the name of the shop, as well as yours (make sure this matches with the one you provided for your GST registration).
- Read the terms and conditions and confirm that you understand and agree with them before submitting.
- Your meesho seller account will be created as a result of this final step.
Meesho seller Panel – Final Setup
After you have completed the registration process and created your account, you will be provided access to the supplier panel for your business. First and foremost, you must perform a number of critical tasks before you can
begin selling your products or services.
- Begin by posting your product listing and specifying which category it belongs to. It is done in the form of a catalogue for the listing.
- This catalogue may be uploaded either one at a time or in batches.
- This is something you can accomplish directly from your provider panel. In the event that you accidentally logged out, you may log back in here.
How can I upload a single Meesho catalogue?
- After login into your supplier panel account, pick the "catalogue upload" option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Then pick the "add single catalogue" option from the drop-down menu.
- You must now choose a category from which to work.
- After you've completed this step, you may add product photos. Make certain that just the front photos of your items are uploaded. When compared to other sites, the picture criteria on Meesho are less complex to meet.
- When you click on the "add product photos" button, you will be able to select photographs from your computer's hard drive to upload. Simply choose the images you wish to upload and click "Upload."
- Following that, you will be sent to a screen where you may upload the specs of the photographs that you have uploaded.
- Fill out all of the needed information for each product in its entirety.
- You can submit the catalogue when you have completed the necessary fields.
- Finally, you will be presented with a dialogue box asking you to validate the catalogue for quality assurance. After that, you may click on the submit button.
How can I bulk upload catalogues to Meesho?
- If you go to the supplier panel, you will see an option to "Catalog upload," which you should choose.
- Following that, you will be able to select the option to add a new catalogue in bulk.
After that, you'll need to fill in the category for the things you're planning on uploading. When you enter the product name "kurti," Meesho will direct you to the appropriate main and subcategory choices for your search. Choose
the one that is most acceptable for you.
- You will be presented with the opportunity to download a template once you have selected the category you want.
- Open the Excel spreadsheet that you have downloaded.
- Take a look at the first sheet; you will notice the format in which you must fill out the excel sheet on this page. Take the time to read and comprehend the instructions completely.
- Then continue on to sheet number two. Fill it out according to the directions provided.
- Keep in mind that you should not submit the same product more than once, either in the current sheet or in any other previously uploaded catalogues.
- Also keep in mind that some of the columns in the sheet have dropdown choices that you must select in order for your catalogue to be uploaded; otherwise, it will not.
- Following completion of the form, you should return to the website and upload the sheet.
- Finally, you must submit the file.
Tips for Getting Your Business Off the Ground on Meesho
Catalogue of Products
It is necessary to have and upload a large number of catalogues on Meesho in order to assure exposure. Typically, you will begin to receive orders for your items once you have produced around 5-6 catalogues. In order to maximize
your chances of receiving orders, it is generally accepted that you should have more things and catalogues available.
This is a very crucial issue to take into consideration. Make certain that you have established the product's pricing correctly before selling it. That is, after taking into consideration the production cost, your profit margin,
and the competitive market pricing, among other factors. When compared to similar items on the market, your price must appear reasonable and worth the thing you are selling.
In addition to this, Meesho offers you with a recommendation tool to assist you in setting the price. That will provide you with pricing recommendations based on current market conditions. This will very certainly result in orders
being placed for you!
Trends in the Market
You must keep an eye out for market trends and what is currently in demand if you want to be a successful vendor. Having innovative and one-of-a-kind products on the market will ensure that you have generated a strong demand for
So, there you have it, a comprehensive overview of the processes necessary to become a Meesho seller. Meesho is a fantastic platform for both new and seasoned vendors. Because its registration procedure and standards are less
stringent than those of other eCommerce marketplaces, it is an excellent practice ground for beginning eCommerce vendors. As you embark on your Meesho journey, we wish you the best of luck.